Sunday, August 5, 2007

Little Green Bubble Dress






I have been doing some sewing, in between work and other things. Sometimes it's just nice to stay at home. I have started to re-organize my work space, perhaps having everything in some sort of order will give me (more) inspiration. There are times when I just 'add to my collection', being fabric, trims, etc.

I have been inspired to make a small dress, (for my great-niece) so I went through my leftovers, came up with this.


I used a pattern for the bodice, front & back, (New Look #6577).


There was just a piece left over, just the right size for the skirt, (approx. 12" in length and 44" in width).












The finished dress has a small bow on the front, (I used some of the same ribbon up on the shoulders), it has no zipper, as I didn't have one, also it's still a little big, so why bother. ( zippers really aren't my thing, but I will put one in , if I have to when I make something ).



Here is the finished dress, I hope to get a few 'action' shots of this dress being modelled.





Here is a close-up of the bow, it's iridescent and picks up the green that's in the dress.



I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I have another 'dress' project planned. I just have to figure out what fabric to use.


No comments: